The church is situated in the middle of the village Vrhpolje
and is oriented north. With its extending in 1857, a new village centre, which coincides with the junction of water and road systems toward Duplje and Col, was formed.
Some of the artistic works in the church are:
-Christ on cross, made by Henrik Dejak
-wooden statues of the apostles and martyries St. Simon and Juda Tadej with a book and a club in the hand, made by Alojz Repič, who was born in Vrhpolje.
By the church there is also a fountain, which was renovated after Pope John Paul II visited Slovenia.
Glavni trg 1
Tel. : +386 5 368 70 41
Tel. 2 : +386 5 368 70 40
Fax : +386 5 368 70 41
Web site : www.izvirna-vipavska.si
GPS Northing (N) : 45,8639
GPS Easting (E) : 13,9616