Address: Skolibrova ulica 15 2270 Ormož
Phone: ++386 2 741 15 36
The town core of Ormož is the trapezoid-shaped Town Square (Mestni trg), and slightly removed from its eastern edge stands the Church of St. Jacob, which was first mentioned in the year 1271. Around the year 1400 a long choir was built, and in the first half of the 15th century the chapel was added on, which was converted into a side isle in the first half of the next century. After the fire in the year 1647 the nave was barrel-vaulted and the bell tower raised. The earliest frescos in the church originated around the year 1400, while those in the northern nave are from after the year 1632. The painting in four bands depicts 48 scenes from the Old and New Testaments. In the year 1629 the composition of the Last Judgement was created on the wall of the triumphal arch. Of special importance are the relief of the benefactor kneeling before Christ and the statue of the Virgin and Child. Opposite the entrance of the church is the Baroque Mary's Pillar from the end of the 18th century.
You can also view the late Baroque Mary's memorial in front of the entrance, the vestry portal, which originated around the year 1400, frescos from the 14th century, the composition the Last Judgement from the year 1629, frescos from the year 1632, the stone statue of the Virgin and Child in her lap, which originated around the year 1420, and the baptistery from the middle of the16th century.
Kolodvorska ulica 9
Tel. : ++386 51 340 257
Tel. 2 : ++386 2 741 72 90
GPS Northing (N) : 46,4087
GPS Easting (E) : 16,1488