Address: Drežnica 5222 Kobarid
People are astonished when they see from afar this imposing building rising from the Gorica hill with its sharp bell tower pointing to the sky in wonderful harmony with the mighty peak of Mt. Krn in the background.
The Gorizia synod of archbishops proclaimed the church a pilgrimage church in March 1941, and since then, Drežnica has been recognized as a minor pilgrimage center. Today, the church is also known for having one of the largest organs in the Goriško region, and prominent organists give regular organ concerts here. Inside, the eye is first drawn to the wall behind the high altar, which is dominated by large depiction of the Sacred Heart encircled by angels and pilgrims with mighty Mt. Krn in the lower part.