The village of Hodoš does not appear in historical records until the relatively late year of 1393. The name of the village is of Hungarian origin. Hodoš was originally the name of the stream that winds across the landscape and was apparently home to a large number of beavers. It is no coincidence that references to the Hodoš stream (1331) appear earlier than references to the village (1392). The name was also used for the village at the time of the first settlers, when the first Hungarian immigrants arrived in this hitherto uninhabited area and called it hodos, in reference to the local wildlife (hód is the Hungarian word for beaver).
GPS Northing (N) : 46,8282
GPS Easting (E) : 16,325