Height above sea level
in the countryside
The village was forst mentiond in the year 1200 on the list of Gorica counts as Serbin. There are many signs and monuments in the memory of world wars. The village Mihalji was burned by the Germans and it is empty now, there is only a hunter’s cottage.
The parish church of St. Anton Opat from 1501 with interesting square nave and the bell tower. There are also other religious signs: St. Anton Padovanski chapel from 1888, relief of Crucifixion at house number 29. In the lower part of Škrbina there is a farm house of famous artist (graphic) Lojze Spacal, who is also buried at village cemetery. Important person from Škrbina was also Anton Fakin (1885 – 1963) teacher and biologist, writer of articles, books and textbooks from biology field.
There is a village celebration on Sunday after St. Antons name day on the 13th of June.
Automobiles : There is a local road from
Komen to Škrbina.
Additional description : Village develop touristic association Škrbina is
connecting local people from villages Šibelji, Rubije and Škrbina and together with Local community
we provide different activities in our villages.
In the former school building in Škrbina we have an
e-point with 4 computers and broadband wireless
internet access for all local people and visitors.
We organise events during all year and take care
for promotion of our villages and we are trying to
make all the local people comfortable and happy
in their local environment.
GPS Northing (N) : 45,8422
GPS Easting (E) : 13,7351