Height above sea level
beside a river; in the countryside
This small village is situated on the area where the narrow valley of the
river Raša widens into the valley of the river Branica through the hills Kobo-
lovski hrib and Večkotovski hrib. In the village is a spring that supplies with
water the local trough in the centre of the village. A memorial plaque in
the centre of the village is dedicated to “javka” where in 1941 the villagers
had their first meeting with partisans. Another memorial plaque by the hill
Štjaški hrib is dedicated to the killed hostages from 1943. On top of the
Kobolovski hrib hill stands a pil dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
* javka = A secret place for communication between partisan units during
the national liberation fight.
Automobiles : A local road Kobdilj-
Vipava leads through the
GPS Northing (N) : 45,8123
GPS Easting (E) : 13,8794